Post 305 and its members support, volunteer at, donate or belong to the following:
- Post 305 and members make an annual donation.
- Post 305 members volunteer to assist in laying wreaths in December at HNVA Cemetery
- Post 305 and its members make monetary & food donations
- With the assitance of Interfaith Hand Me Up Resale Shop, Post 305 sponsors a "Hats for Vets" program.
- Post 305 members make In Kind donations and purchases.
- Many thanks to member Steve McKinsey who is certifed to and does volunteer at the Veterans Administration Hospital in Houston.
- We also have several members in the process of becoming certified to volunteer at the Conroe Clinic.
Copperwood Senior Citizen/Disabled Housing Project
- DVD Program:Post 305 members collect, purchase and deliver DVDs to Copperwood for free use by low income seniors and veterans residing at Copperwood.
Veterans Aid and Rehabilitation
- Legion TFA program:Assist Legionnnaires with American Legion Temporay Financial Assistance (TFA) program.
- Transport program:Pickup veteran, transport to VA, remain with veteran at VA and return veteran to point of pickup.
- Sunshine Card program: Proactively send sunshine cards to Post 305 home bound, bereaved, ill or in distress veterans & their sposues.
- Hats for Vets program:Post 305 sponsors a local Hats for Vets program. (2017, 684 hats picked up, cleaned and delivered to VA for use by cancer patients on chemo)
- Magazines program:We collect and deliver numerous magazines to VA (2017, 820 magazines)
We can't help everyone, but everyone can help someone!
The Woodlands American Legion Post 305
The American Legion
The Woodlands Post 305
P. O.Box 9336, The Woodlands TX 77387
281-298-2440 (Leave a Message)
This page was last updated: May 28, 2018