The Chain Of Command for Post 305 is
- American Legion National Headquarters
- Department of Texas, comprised of 512 posts, within 4 divisions, contain 17 districts.
- Division 2, comprised of 147 posts, within 6 districts
- District 7, comprised of 23 posts
- Post 305, comprised of 322 members
In summary, American Legion Post 305 is mustered within Department of Texas, Division 2, District 7.
Focusing on 7th District
- District 7 is comprised of 23 posts, of which American Legion Post 305 is one.
- There are 4 elected positions, Commander, Adjutant, Treasurer, and Chaplain.
- Elections are held at the Spring convention.
- A Commander and Adjutant are elected in odd years, Treasurer and Adjutant in even years.
- There is a Spring and Fall convention held each year, usually a one day event held on a Saturday.
- The convention is convened at a different location
- The "host" post is rotated among the 23 member Posts who volunteer to host the convention.
- The convention is held on a Saturday.
- A hospitality room is usually open on Friday evening at the recommended "host" hotel.
- Registration begins promptly at 8am Saturday morning.
- A joint Legion and Auxiliary and Sons of the American Legion opening ceremony starts at 9am.
- Business session usually begins at 1:30PM and lasts about 2 hours.
- All paid up Legion members are encouraged to attend each semi annual convention and participate.
How does The Woodlands American Legion Post 305 support District 7
- we serve in leadership positions
- we buy advertisements in the program booklet
- we author and/or co sponsor Resolutions and Bylaw changes as needed.
- we buy raffle tickets for the gift wagon and auction items.
- we furnish raffle items for the auction table.
- we buy appropriate gifts for the Gift Wagon/Wheel Barrow raffle.
- we provide volunteers to assist as needed
- we host the District convention
- we show up, participate in the business session and vote.
Division 2 convenes an annual convention during May each year at a different location rotated among member Posts who volunteer to host the convention. The convention is held on a Saturday and Sunday.
A hospitality room is usually open on Friday evening.
Registration begins at 8am Saturday morning. Joint service starts at 9am on Saturday.
The Chain Of Command for Posts in Texas is National, Department, Division, District and Post. In Texas, there are 4 divisions. American Legion Post 305 is mustered within Division 2, which contains 147 posts.
Here at Post 305, we support the Division by sending delegates, serving in leadership positions, running advertisements in the program booklet and authoring Resolutions and Bylaw changes as needed.
All paid up Legion members are encouraged to attend the convention and participate.