The Woodlands American Legion Post 305 is an active Post with a rich heritage. It is also the home of a fantastic group of veterans who keep it going in a number of ways by:
- volunteering to serve as officers
- serving in various capacities in local community events
Yes . . it is at times time consuming but what an effort by our members.
Members who can not attend meetings support the post as well. Just being a member lends support and credibility to our organization because an organization without members has zero influence or impact within the community.
We encourage you to explore this website and discover for yourself what an outstanding Post this is and the many members that make it happen.
We hope you will consider becoming a part of this great organization.
About Post 305
- Frequently Asked Questions
Post 305 Risk Management
- Fiduciary Bond, covers Commander, Adjutant and Finance Officer
- SMC Community Center, regular meetings, 3rd Tuesday each month
- Shadowbend Park - October, third Tuesday. Cookout, Bring a Lawn Chair
- Robinson RD Community Center - Rummage Sale, April & October
Post 305 Governance
Internal Revenue Service
- Non Profit Letter granting 501c19
State of Texas, Secretary of State
- Post 305 Temporary Charter, Jan 1, 1989
- Post 305 Permanent Charter
- Post 305 Supplemental Charter
- Post 305 Articles of Incorporation
- Post 305 Public Information Report
State of Texas, Comptrollers Office
- Employers Identification #
- Sales Tax Exemption letter fro TX
Montgomery County Tx
The American Legion
The Woodlands Post 305
P. O.Box 9336, The Woodlands TX 77387
281-298-2440 (Leave a Message)
This page was last updated: June 8, 2020
We try hard to be as transparent as possible; however, some internal records.ie, financial and member related, are restricted from public and member view. Records not on this website are generally, but not always, available to members in good standing, just in a restricted manner.
For those records that are restricted from public viewing, we will comply with the State of Texas requirements detailing accessibility standards for obtaining or viewing records of a 501 (c) non-profit organization. Non Profit rules, State of Texas
Secretary / Treasurer / Membership Records (requires password)
- Approved annual operating budget
Available for viewing only in a hard copy format at Post 305. These records are redacted to show only name and last membership year. To protect the privacy of our members, detailed information is not available from Post 305 without a court order.