Availability of Membership Rosters, Minutes & Financial Records of Post 305, a 501 (c)19 non profit olrganization is goverened by Texas Record Keeing rules, Sub Chapter D, Section 151, 152 and 153 of the Texas Business Code.
The following is summarized as to who may view our records and under what conditions. If this brief summary contradicts state law, then Texas Record Keeping Rules will prevail.
Information available to OFFICERS:
Post 305 Officers may request to view, at the normal Excecutive Committee meeting place
- all minutes, finance reports, committee reports and all other internal recordings
- Current membership list as denoted by National. List is heavily restricted beyond name and current year paid up.
- Risk Managements documents,
- Employee records, contract agreeements, leases, purcahse orders,
- Texas Public Information Report (PIR) (Note: this is availble to anyone upon request)
- Public filings that are available at the Post 305 level
The appropriate Post 305 officer will make same available for viewing upon receiving the Commanders approval to do so. Should Commander withold approval, member may make an appeal directly to the Executive Committee, who shall have final authority.
Information available to REGULAR and PUFL MEMBERS, that are not an Officer of Post 305:
Regular and Pufl members may request to view, at the normal Executive Committee meeting place
- minutes only for the past year, and
- finance reports for the past year, and
the Adjutant and or Finance Officer will make same available for viewing upon receiving the Commanders approval to do so. Should Commander withold approval, member may make an appeal directly to the Executive Committee, who shall have final authority.
Infomation available on the post 305 website:
Some records may be available on the Post 305 website but access is limited to members only.
Records that require a password to view:
Minutes and Finance Reports require the Commanders approval to access and a password issued by the webmaster. The following records may be available on the Post 305 website:
- Executive Committee Minutes.
- Special Called Meetings minutes.
- Regular Membership meeting minutes.
Records that do not require a password to view:
- The Bugle newsletter: a link is provided on the home page.
- Post 305 consititution and By Laws: a link is provided on the About Us web page.
- IRS 990, available at IRS website.
A Membership list is available of current members names BUT most everything else is heavily restricted. Access is restricted due to the presenence of sensitive personal member information that may be on record, such as names of comrades in varying degrees of distress, members personal requests, family situations that require VA&R, members personal information, childrens names listed, etc. Generally speaking, you can request what you want, BUT it may be redacted.
Information available to the general public:
No internal records are available to the public, other than by court order.
Post 305 tries hard to be as transparent as possible with its members. If there is something you like to see or review, please ask!